Elves (who call themselves M'moatía) are a beautiful race of man-like creatures, generally tall and slender of body. These graceful beings are light on their feet, lovers of music, art and magic, and capable of fantastic feats of mind and skill. While appearing outwardly similar in form to the races of men, their habits, politics, motivations and lifestyles are very far removed from the trials and tribulations of men-folk. Many elves have supple skin that can shift it's hue on a whim, and as far as any can see, elven individuals are immortal, and cannot die unless slain.
Elves have far-reaching senses of sight, smell and touch, and some say they do not ever really sleep. These great natural gifts, and the visible success of elven society has led to a certain aloofness, with many individuals (and indeed entire family-lines) growing arrogant.
The M'moatía are a divided people, harbouring many strained relationships among tribes. The only times they might be unified in purpose and outlook are when members of a "lower" race are in their combined presence. Indeed, their aloofness amongst mortals has garnered elves a reputation for being haughty and self-regarding, leading to their being named "Nkabi" ("people who are full of themselves") behind their backs.
In general, tribal tensions amongst the various elven clans do not often lead to any kind of violence or warring, but a considerable level of distrust and political sparring is ever-present.
Some sages say that elves known as Deep Elves? once lived in great underground halls in the fashion of dwarves (and sometimes built in collaboration with them) but these are lost or extinct. The elves that remain are mostly forest dwellers, and have built beautiful cities in amongst the branches of the tallest trees, in the deepest parts of the wood. Elves, like men, tend to prefer their own company and seldom collaborate in business or pleasure.
Sometimes one will hear Elven bards sing of the Ancient Elves, the Rívhú, Ylve or Al-bhar, a mythical race of godlike perception and great magic said to be the long-fathers of the Elves of the East, who once fought titanic battles against evil long ago. Certain elven lords are quick to associate themselves with these legends, but the true history of Elf-kind is generally held rather closely to elven chest (if indeed it has been reliably recorded at all - some of the tales are rather fanciful), and not many Lore-masters of the West will attest to comprehensive knowledge.
The following text was derived from the System Reference Document
- +2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution.
- Medium: As Medium creatures, elves have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Elf base land speed is 30 feet.
- Immunity to magic sleep effects, and a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects.
- Low-Light Vision: An elf can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Weapon Proficiency: Elves receive the Martial Weapon Proficiency feats for the longsword, rapier, longbow (including composite longbow), and shortbow (including composite shortbow) as bonus feats.
- +2 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks. An elf who merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check to notice it as if she were actively looking for it.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Elven. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, and Sylvan.
- Favored Class: Wizard. A multiclass elf’s wizard class does not count when determining whether she takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.
- Âsqean - writing system of the elves
For loremasters spoiler
- Back-story - Races?
- Back-story of the Dwarves?
- Back-story of the Elves
- Back-story of the Gnomes?
- Back-story of the Half-elves?
- Back-story of the Halflings?
- Back-story of the Endhro?
- Back-story Spoiler?
- Non-player Characters?
- Legendary Figures
Special Characters: àáâãäèéêëìíîïóòôõöùúûüæý ÀÁÂÃÄÅÆÈÉÊËÌÍÎÏÒÓÔÕÖÙÚÛÜÝ