The Austward regions of the continent of Hithervard upon Aarde, known as the Hitherlands, or Umžantsí, the Abzú, that Great Below, and named also Aphär-ý-Kur, the Land of Afar. This wide realm is home to the Westfold Sovereignty and other populated countries of the Ever-end of the World, last bastion of the realms of the Ntú and the M'moatía.
This vast landmass is commonly known as "the hitherlands" or "Hitherland". The Austward part of the Great Land being known as the Ever-end of the World, Aphär-ý-Kur or Cafrèria. By some it is called "Ka", the Land of Birth. In some ancient lays, sung by the bards of Eden, those that still contain vestiges of lost tongues, the Hitherland (or at least it's interior) is occasionally referred to as the Kingdom of Monömotapa, a name that evokes mystery and awe at the hearing.
The Hither Lands are also known to a few (those who's ancestors allegedly came in ancient times from without) as the "Land of Sûd". By these same folk it is often incorrectly referred to as "The Dark Land", a name over which there broils much confusion and often fear.
The wiser lore-masters acknowledge the Dark Land as a different and mythical country far to the aust and east of the Hither Lands, a name of nothing more than rumour and fantasy, but a name they concede nonetheless might once have been used for the Hither Lands itself in times long lost to history.
Hithervard, of which only a small section of the Aust-most countries are populated and properly mapped, straddles the equator of the Aarde, and stretches from far in the nordh, to the very Aust of The Known World. It includes regions of parched desert, high craggy peaks, wide green plains and deep jungle forest. These lands are home to small, divided populations of speaking peoples.
- Aust Marshes - A huge coastal swampland of willows and quicksand, where salt water runs far inland between low, rolling hills.
- Barbarian Borderlands - Low scrubby plains that divide the Westfold and Eden from the Oorach Wastes.
- Eden - A forest-garden protected by the Elf kingdom of Eisenor.
- Kalagaer - An utterly barren waste overlapping and to the east of the Oorach.
- Oorach Wastes - Desert and semi-desert wastes, inhabited only by a hardy few in the Aust and the Borderlands.
- Misty Swamps of the Lost - A trackless salt-water swamp far up the West Coast drowning the coastal dunes of the desert.
- The Edgelands - The limits of known regions, in the nordh and east.
- Westfold - The Human-dominated Western part of the Ever-end of the World
- Black Mountains
- Dragonstone Mountains
- Hodhentop Mountains?
- Long Mountains?
- Sea Mountain
- Witch Mountains
- Winter's Hook Mountains?
Flora and Fauna
Key Population Centers
A list of larger and well-known places inhabited by the peoples of Aarde:
- Dûr Gylder?
- Lost Boot River?
- Sunset Village?
- Myddenard, said to have once been connected with the Hitherlands
- Morgard, the Dark Land
- Everard, the blessed Land of the Gods?
Geographic Features by Type
- See the full set of categories of Geographic Features.
Other Major Landmasses
See also spoiler
Special Characters: àáâãäèéêëìíîïóòôõöùúûüæý ÀÁÂÃÄÅÆÈÉÊËÌÍÎÏÒÓÔÕÖÙÚÛÜÝ